5 EASY + High-Protein Snacks, According to a Registered Dietitian
For the last day of National Nutrition Month AND as a follow up on fueling with FOOD, here are 5 HIGH-PROTEIN, EASY SNACKS (from a Registered Dietitian 😉) !!!
We guarantee there’s something for EVERYONE here 💯
1️⃣ Blueberry Almond Chia Pudding 🫐
2️⃣ Berry Yogurt Parfait 🍒
3️⃣ Whole Grain Crackers + Hummus 🧄
4️⃣ Trail Mix 🥜
5️⃣ Cottage Cheese Dip + Vegetables 🥒
1️⃣ Blueberry Almond Chia Pudding RECIPE:
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup cow's milk or soy milk
1/2 cup blueberries
Sprinkle of slivered almonds
1. Pour ingredients into a jar and mix well. Let settle for 2-3 minutes then mix again very well until you see no clumping.
2. Cover the jar and store in fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
3. When you’re ready to eat it, top with blueberries and slivered almonds. Enjoy cold!
2️⃣ Berry Yogurt Parfait RECIPE:
1/2 cup mixed berries, cherries, or pomegranates
1 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup whole grain granola
1. Wash and dry the berries
2. Spoon a layer of yogurt into 4 individual glass bowls or parfait glasses. Add a layer of berries, and sprinkle with a layer of granola. Repeat the layering once or twice more, depending on the height of the bowl or glass, ending with a layer of granola.
3. Refrigerate. Serve cold.
3️⃣ Whole Grain Crackers + Hummus RECIPE
(serving size: 1/3 cup of recipe)
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or 1 ½ cups (250 grams) cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice, 1 large lemon
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons water
Dash ground paprika, for serving
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process until well blended. Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Leave the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
3. Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
4️⃣ Trail Mix
1 1/2 cups nuts (almonds, pecans, cashews, peanuts)
1 cup seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds etc.)
1 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup popped popcorn
1 cup pretzels
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
5️⃣ Cottage Cheese Dip + Vegetables RECIPE
2 cups cottage cheese
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried dill
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper, optional
2 cups sliced bell peppers, sliced cucumbers, carrot sticks
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl once. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
2. Serve dip, chilled, with chopped vegetables.
Until Next Time,
Your RD Fuel Good Experts 🍍